Tuesday, February 9, 2010

27 Weeks!

Well I met the first milestone set by the Maternal Fetal Specialist. I have made it to 27 weeks, but today was informed that the 28 weeks survival rate increases to 99%. So now I am looking on to the next milestone! And I am going to make it to 28 weeks!

We had a morning full of doctors again today. At 8:15am we started with the Maternal Fetal Specialist again to measure the babies and they look great again! They are definitely growing quick. Baby A is now 2 lbs 12 oz and Baby B is now 2 lbs 14 oz. Together they gained over 2 lbs in 2 weeks. I was also glad to see my weight gain has finally slowed and only gained 1 lb in the last 2 weeks which the doc said is fine since the babies are still growing good. Both babies have strong, healthy heartbeats and are constantly moving. We got some great 3-D shots of Baby B who loved posing for pictures today. Brian and I are trying to figure out who he/she looks like. I swear the lips/chin are Brian's but neither of us can quit figure out where the nose comes from. But it is definitely cute!! Baby A was a bit camera shy again and not cooperative with the 3-D images. His/her arm and foot kept blocking face pics. We finally got a good shot with 1 eye and nose peeking out from behind the arm. I think he/she is waiting for the birth day to make a grand enterance and show his/her face for the first time.

After checking out the babies the doctor came to check my cervix which has declined significantly again. It was only 1.5cm and when the doctor pushed on my belly it was only 1.1cm. Given the length of my cervix, the doctor said I have a 10-20% chance of having the babies in the next 2 weeks. He decided it was time to give me a steroid shot to help develop the babies lungs in case of premature birth.

My next appointment was with my OB, Dr. White who helped calm my fears a little. Good news that I do not have gestational diabetes...one good bit of news.

Then my next visit was over to the hospital to monitor contractions again and get the steriod shot. I am still having some conractions but last week dosage seemed to slow them down which is great. So they sent me home on much stricter bed rest guidelines.

Now it is just a waiting game and praying that I hit 28 weeks. I am trying to take it one day at a time and Brian is helping me stay calm. I am still hoping that I beat all the odds and go another 10 weeks...I am going to do whatever it takes to keep the babies in me as long as possible!!!

Thanks for all your continued support and prayers.

No comments: