






Wow, what a week it has been! This by far has been the best experience of my life and has exceeded all expectations. It is hard to believe how quickly my perspective on everything changed at about 5:43 p.m and 5:48 p.m. on 4/6/10. I was so fortunate to be with Kate during the C-Section and I got to witness the birth of both Andrew Thomas and Kyleen Katherine. Kate did such a great job during the delivery as well as the previous 8.5 months of carrying these two little bundles of joy. Andrew came into this world very smoothly and Kyleen entered in a way that was similar to her activity while growing inside Kate...feisty. Kyleen has been in the NICU since arrival and Andrew went straight to the newborn nursery. They made it easy on mom and dad for remembering their weight and length because they were the exact same, 5 pounds 12 ounces and 18.5 inches long.
I was lucky to be able to stay with my new family all last week in the hospital. I didn't go outside for 5 days as there wasn't time to do anything but feed Andrew, go see Kyleen, take care of Kate, and eat a meal here and there. Once we got through that process it was time to repeat it. I now know what it means to have sleepless nights. I think the 3 a.m. feeding is by far the hardest, but it is rewarding just looking into their eyes and seeing little aspects of Kate and I. I am officially about one week behind on my emails and now just getting a chance to post some pictures.
Andrew and Kate got to come home from the hospital on Saturday which was a lot of fun but also difficult because Kyleen was still up there. On the way home Andrew got to listen to his first playing of Jimmy Buffett's "Songs You Know By Heart." We had a wonderful welcoming party for Andrew and can't wait to do the same for Kyleen. We just found out yesterday that we expect to be able to bring her home on Friday which is exciting.
It has been a little blessing in disguise having just Andrew home so he can teach us how to care for him before we have to do it for both Kyleen and Andrew. It is going to be interesting but I know we can do it.
We have been so appreciative and grateful for all our family and friends who have given us the support we need. It is nice to have so many people who care about us and our new family. Thank you and God Bless.
1 comment:
Congratualtions on such healthy and beautiful babies!
Post a Comment